When compared to traditional hearing aids, PSAPs cost considerably less, are easy to acquire, and easy to operate. PSAPs will meet the entry-level requirements of a very large market of consumers requiring amplification at home, on the job, for outdoor activities like hunting/shooting, movies, TV, meetings, etc. In response to those who have expressed frustration with having to choose between wearing either their hearing protection or a PSAP/hearing aid, E.A.R. has created three multi-purpose models that combine both functions in a single instrument, and do not require custom fitting.
With 45 years of direct experience in the hearing healthcare field and having literally serviced hundreds of thousands of people needing amplification for different environments, E.A.R. recommends investigating all alternatives when considering hearing aids or personal sound amplification products. PSAP options offered by E.A.R. are not sold as medical type hearing aids.Many people who require hearing protection in their daily work or recreation already have some degree of hearing loss. Many are not yet ready for hearing aids, but could use some level of hearing amplification. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has created a new classification of over-the-counter instruments that are quickly emerging in the market: Personal Sound Amplification Products (PSAPs), which can be sold directly to the end user with or without the assistance of a hearing healthcare professional, and are used to amplify critical environmental sounds for people with non-medical hearing issues.
- Multi-functionality provided by simply changing tips, enabling the device to be used as hearing protection, or as a PSAP/hearing aid.
- Provides situational awareness
- Digital amplification throughout the critical speech range.
- Multi-memory adjustability for background sounds.
- Feedback Reduction.
- Easy to use.
- Petite in the ear canal or Open Fit(behind the ear) design.
- Minimizes the need for repetition.
- Minimizes the need to have electrical devices turned up too loud.
- Customer support.
- 45-day privilege to return.