HearDefenders-DF™ (Dual Filtered) hearing protection features VARIABLE ATTENUATION. As noise levels go up, noise suppression goes up, allowing speech and radio communications to be heard!
HearDefenders-DF™ are the first and only product to offer the flexibility of two levels of hearing protection and the ability to hook up to radio communications. They are specifically designed to help the user hear critical sounds including speech, while filtering out loud or harmful impact sounds.
- Advanced filter technology
- Improves speech & radio communication without distortion or muffling
- Fits comfortably under helmets
- External filter is removable
- Floatable and moisture resistant
- Breathable filter allows for pressure equalization
- Can be used with cell phone
- Very affordable
- Durable – lasts 2 – 3 years
- Easy to use and clean
- Available in three generic sizes S-M-L or custom fit
- Available in black or orange
The HearDefenders-DF™ Attenuation Study
Attenuation Study was conducted from 50 dBa to 110 dBa verifying how attenuation values increase as noise levels increase. When compared to average performances from solid ear protection, HearDefenders-DF™ clearly demonstrate the ability to hear critical sounds better while suppressing unwanted noise. The information above refers to attenuation provided when both filters are worn.
Note: The U.S. Environmental Protection agency requires manufacturers to provide a noise reduction rating (NRR) on all hearing
protection type products being marketed into most commercial type accounts. According to EPA Document 08AR-2003-0024
exception to this requirement may be granted to entities participating in National Security.
OSHA regulations state volume levels of 80-85 dB are safe for an eight hour period of time. Please consult a hearing healthcare professional who can advise you about safety levels and appropriate filtering options.