The custom fit design allows for two-way radio transmissions between a base operator and field operative to occur via a small connected clear coiled air tube that is attached to a receiver, which is typically worn underneath clothing. The unobtrusive design allows the earpiece to be worn in the ear, yet remain virtually invisible to outsiders.
The Skeleton/IFB Communication Earpiece can be made in three styles:
Fully Occluded – Solid – Complete isolation from the outside surroundings
Semi-Occluded – Filtered – Vented, and/or with an acoustic filter to allow for some outside surroundings into the ear
Non-Occluded – Open – Fully non-occluded to allow for all outside surroundings into the ear
Each style is available in silicone, vinyl or acrylic material*. Shoulder-mic harnesses, and any required radio adapters, are sold separately. The harness is available in 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 3.5mm threaded jack connections.
- Fully-Occluded Earpiece Only – No more than one color* – $75.00
- Semi-Occluded Earpiece Only – No more than one color* – $90.00
- Non-Occluded Earpiece Only – No more than one color* – $75.00
- Earpiece w/2.5mm Shoulder-Mic Harness – $127.00 (**Intrinsically Safe Harness – $25.00)
- Earpiece w/3.5mm Shoulder-Mic Harness – $127.00 (**Intrinsically Safe Harness – $25.00)
*Extra colors can be added to your order at a minimal up-charge costs.
**Intrinsically Safe Harnesses are based on limiting energy, electrical and thermal, to a level below that required to ignite a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture. Harness comes with a 3-year warranty