The customer Receiver Communication Earpiece (Custom-Fit) is designed behind the same principals as the Skeleton/IFB Earpiece but fills the entire ear as a solid mold. Sound is transmitted via small clear tubing attached to a receiver, usually worn underneath clothing. The Receiver Communication Earpiece can also be vented, or filtered, to compensate the plugged up feeling and allow outside sounds to be heard.
This is a custom product and ear impressions are required.
The Receiver Communication Earpiece can be made in three styles:
Fully Occluded – Solid – Complete isolation from the outside surroundings
Semi-Occluded – Filtered – Vented, and/or with an acoustic filter, or dampening filter, to allow for some outside surroundings into the ear
Non-Occluded – Open – Fully non-occluded to allow for all outside surroundings into the ear
Each style is available in silicone, vinyl or acrylic material*. Shoulder-mic harnesses, and any required radio adapters, are sold separately. The harness is available in 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 3.5mm threaded jack connections.
- Fully-Occluded Earpiece Only – No more than one color** – $75.00
- Semi-Occluded Earpiece Only (acoustic filter) – No more than one color** – $90.00
- Semi-Occluded Earpiece Only (damping filter) – No more than one color** – $97.50
- Non-Occluded Earpiece Only – No more than one color** – $75.00
- Earpiece w/2.5mm Shoulder-Mic Harness – $127.00 (***Intrinsically Safe Harness – $25.00)
- Earpiece w/3.5mm Shoulder-Mic Harness – $127.00 (***Intrinsically Safe Harness – $25.00)
*Size of ear might dictate material choice.
**Extra colors can be added to your order at a minimal up-charge costs.
***Intrinsically Safe Harnesses are based on limiting energy, electrical and thermal, to a level below that required to ignite a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture. Harness comes with a 3-year warranty