The “E.A.R. Sound Checker™” is designed to protect hearing by easily checking surrounding decibel levels. The E.A.R. Sound Checker™ is a personal Sound Level Meter which indicates if sound levels are safe or dangerous and helps the user determine whether hearing protection should be worn.
Just point the E.A.R. Sound Checker™ toward a sound source, press the button and three LED Lights indicate decibel levels in the surrounding area.
- A flickering green LED indicates sound levels below 60 dB.
- A constant green LED indicates sound levels from 60 dB to 75 dB.
- A flickering yellow LED indicates sound levels from 75 dB to 80 dB.
- A constant yellow LED indicates sound levels from 80 dB to 100 dB.
- A flickering red LED indicates sound levels from 100 dB to 105 dB.
- A constant red LED indicates sound levels above 105 dB.
- Hearing protection is recommended when noise levels exceed 85 dB.
The E.A.R. Sound Checker™ comes connected to a key ring that can be attached to a pouch containing the user’s hearing protection devices. Uses include shooting, music concerts, dance clubs, machinery, military, law enforcement, industrial settings, sporting events, motor sports, restaurants, movies, aerobics, etc.